Mar 14, 2009

A Prayer for Your Husband
His Heart:
Dear Father, please enable my husband to obey Your command to love You with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his strength (Deut. 6:5). Let his heart be filled with You alone to make him pure and true (James 4:8). Thank You for Your promise: "A new heart I will give him and a new spirit I will put within him; and I will take away the stony heart from him and will give him a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within him and cause him to walk in My statutes and he will keep My judgments and do them (Ezek. 36:26-27." You desire to make his heart soft (Job 23:16). Create in him a clean heart filled with pure thoughts and right desires (Ps. 51:10). Warn him not to harden his heart (Ps. 95:8). Help him to keep his heart with all diligence (Prov. 4:23), because whatever is in his heart overflows into his speech (Luke 6:45). May he be transformed in his heart in the fear of the Lord every day. Cause him to trust in You Lord, with all his heart and lean not unto his own understanding (Prov. 3:5). May he worship You and serve You with a clean heart and a willing mind, for You see his heart and know his every thought (1 Chron. 28:9) I pray that he will let the peace of God rule his heart (Col. 3:15). I pray that Christ will be more at home in his heart, as he trusts You more fully. May his roots go down deep into Your marvelous love. May he be able to feel and understand how long, how wide, how deep, and how high Your love is and to experience this love for himself. Amen

No comments: