Apr 12, 2009

Little Lady Mac Update

25 weeks and counting...
Our precious baby girl is growing leaps and bounds! Or at least her mother thinks so by the looks of my growth! I am loving this new experience the Lord has called us into as parents. The weight of responsibility continues to press inward deeper and stronger as the birth approaches. Our prayers are becoming more specific and intentional as we lift her soul up to our Lord and plead with Him to have mercy to draw her spirit to Himself. We are so thankful for the opportunity to co-create with our Maker. He is the one knitting her together in my womb (Ps 139), and it is such a joy to feel her life within. Throughout this whole season of life lived with this little girl, I am praying for a heart that's submissive to the will of God for her life. She is His, not mine. Therefore, with arms embracing her life, they are also left open in surrender to the will of the One who does good not harm to His people. So whether tragedy hits us when she's age 3, 13, or 27 we will be able to say blessed be the name of the LORD- He is my fortress and strong tower, a sovereignly good God. And as these trials do come, I am thankful to have a Helper to remind me of the truths of Christ: "But the Counselor; the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." Jn 14:26

We are reading through "The Christian Childbirth Handbook" by Jennifer Vanderlaan. As well as "The Husband Coached Childbirth" by Dr. Bradley. These resources are very helpful and recommended to glean some helpful information about prenatal care and preparation, labor and delivery, and postnatal care with a Christian perspective and husband involvement. I have so much respect for my husband who is leading in this birth process, tenderly caring for my needs, while also remaining the watchman of our home. I can't wait for our little girl to meet her daddy!~

No comments: