Sep 26, 2009

God's Grace and Settling Into Motherhood


As I reflect back on the summer one word comes to mind...Grace.

I have been the recipient of an abundant outpouring of the Lord's grace. Grace has been shown to me in rich new ways this summer as the life of Niyah Joy entered into this world three weeks earlier than expected! God's grace was with both Carey and I as we calmly welcomed her without fear or anxiousness in spite of such unexpected circumstances. During the labor and delivery I was supplied with a new discovery of grace as physical weakness brought forth a deeper revelation of God's grace to supply Christ's power in the midst of weakness.

Then He graciously continued to supply strength and comfort as we packed up our home and moved back to Wenatchee Washington within the first weeks of Niyah's life. And even now, despite of a season of 'un-settlement' as our home in being remodeled, the Lord is faithful to pour out His grace into my life to supply all that I need to fulfill the calling of wife and mother.

God's grace is so rich...Not only am I blessed with a godly husband and a precious daughter but we have entered into a gospel-centered church body. This has been another means of the Lord's grace to evidence itself in my life. The teaching is convicting, encouraging, and inspiring; and the fellowship is sweet, refreshing, and sincere. The Spirit of God is at work here in the Valley, and our little family of three is excited to be apart of His Sovereign plan through Grace Covenant Church.

As reflected on above, there is rich truth in 2 Corinthians as I walk through various seasons of life.

"But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Praise be to God for His glorious grace that truly is sufficient,

Tarah and Niyah Joy

No comments: