Apr 18, 2012

Wake up It's been 2 months...!!





So where in the world have I been?! I'm sure my readers out there were really concerned, all two of you :)! The truth is a rather wide variety of things have taken my time. Life has been full of exciting surprises which have caused me to once again press into deeper depths of the One who remains constant, namely Jesus. The promises and truth of God's provision for His children have been a steady sail in the midst of some recent storms.

These past few months I've realized its one thing to say a hearty, "Yes, God is Provider." But quite another thing to actually BELIEVE that He is provider so that Joy is still found in all moments of my day. How can I have a peace and joy even when our house remains on the market hundreds of miles away month after month, our 1 functioning car has it's engine smoke-out on us leaving us with no means of transportation, and then even my computer is going capoots (is that a word?) on me; thus the 'no-blogging-brigade'.

The pushes, tugs, and pulls of life can come raging in at us from all angles some days, or months, or for some even years. Like a tsunami wave the cares of this world can consume us to the mercies of its total destruction.

I have found myself tempted to run to the false savior of possessions, comfort, money, and health. If only I had more of this, that, or the other thing; or if only I looked this way or that way THEN life would be all good. Troubles gone.

Oh so wrong.

Thankfully there is a foundation that goes deeper than what the world promises to provide or lies to me to believe. I don't have to look to this world for provision because Christ has already provided everything I will ever need. Christ has met the deepest longing and need my soul has.

Salvation.


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him." Ephesians 1:3-4

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. but now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?" Galations 4:8

No comments: