Mar 3, 2009

Being Wife Who Prays For Her Husband

I have been given a copy of a prayer for husbands by a dear sister in Christ. Lately, I am finding this is an excellent means to pray specifically for Carey and our marriage. I would encourage any woman who is married to join me in praying these Scriptures over your husband. Because we are one flesh with our spouse, we have the strongest position here on earth to present our request to the Lord on his behalf. It is our most important duty to be a praying-wife for our husband. We should pray diligently, pleading for God's mercy on him, and giving thanks for all God is going to do for him (1 Tim. 2:1).

I will post a portion of the prayer over the next week or two until it is complete. While praying Scripture I have noticed a change in my spirit towards Carey, and I pray it will do the same for you and your marriage. Let's learn to honor, respect, love, and humbly submit to our husband through reading and praying Scripture.

Let us present every part of his body to God (Rom 6:11-14).

Prayer For Your Husband
May the God of peace Himself make my husband pure and devoted to God; and may his spirit, soul, and body be kept strong and blameless until the day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes back again (1 Thess. 5:23).
His Head
Lord Thank you for giving me my husband. You are his head (1 Cor. 11:13). Help me allow him to be my head, as Christ is head of the church (Eph. 5:23). Thank you for being head over all and for Your perfect plans for our home.
His Mind
Lord I pray that my husband will have the rich experience of knowing Christ with real certainty and clear understanding. Your plan for him is Christ Himself, and in Him are contained all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col. 2:2-3). May he not be fleshly minded, but spiritually minded which is life and peace (Rom. 8:6). Capture all his thoughts to obey Christ (2Cor. 10:5).
I pray that he will receive what You are teaching him and let Your words enrich his life and make him wise (Col. 3:16). Fill his thoughts with You so he doesn't spend so much time worrying about earthly things (Col. 3:2). Fix his thoughts on what is true, good, right, lovely, and positive. Remind him to think about all he has to praise you for and be glad about (Phil. 4:8).
Thank You that You open his mind to understand the scriptures (Luke 24:45). I pray that he will not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by renewing his mind in Your word, so that he may experience Your good, acceptable and perfect will (Rom 12:2).
Amen

1 comment:

Mrs. Josh McPherson said...

Thank you sister..I have doing my best to make this a daily habit. I am excited to begin using this prayer you are posting. Your timing is excellent...and I will join you as we pray for our McPherson men. Love you.