May 11, 2009

Comforting Verses in Preperation for Labor

As the end of my pregnancy approaches (3 months left!), I have been comforted by meditating on these scriptures. Because of Christ, I am confident I will be sustained and experience closer unity with Him during labor and into motherhood. There is much to be learned, and I am thankful for my Counselor, the Holy Spirit, to teach me well and my Savior, Jesus Christ, to sanctify me in the process!

Psalm 18:32
"It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my path perfect."

Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord my rock and my redeemer. "

Micah 7:5
"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior, my God will hear me."

Zephaniah 1:7
"Be silent before the Sovereign Lord, for the day of the Lord is near."

2 Corinthians 9:8
" And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

2 Corinthians 12:9
"But he said to me, 'My grace is suffeciant for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power my rest on me."

Romans 8:18
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

No comments: