Jan 2, 2011

22 Weeks and a New Year 1.3.11

Baby McP-legs are crossed at ankles
Looking down on top of his head- hands and feet on the left
(These ultrasound pictures are our little man at 20 weeks)


Here we are at 22 weeks...
Thankfully I am feeling really well overall. I do get tired randomly throughout the day on occation. However, I am feeling great comparative to some other momma's I know who are pregnant now too. I have been enjoying 'fatty' foods with this pregnancy more than the sweets. french fries are always a good addition to the meal. Satsuma oranges this Christmas were a definite favorite as well. I can usually go for a slice of chedder cheese several times throughout the day too.

Over the past week or two I think he has done some substantial growing. He is kicking harder and more often and I can feel him roll around as well. I already think he is making a statment that he's a boy since I don't remember Niyah doing this much 'wresting' around. I guess he is getting ready to come out and meet his wrestling partner- daddy. :) He is a special blessing.

Most of you probably know that I had a miscarriage with my previous pregnancy in July 2010. Our baby's due date was December 25th, 2010. So the past week brought both sorrow-filled and joy-filled tears as I remembered my baby, who the Lord choose to take so young, and yet rejoiced in the life now living within my womb again. Both gifts are a treasured blessing to our family. I am so thankful for the love and support of my husband who partners with me through all of life...in the sorrow and delight. I am a blessed wife.

The ending of 2010 gave a good reminder to me to trust wholly on the everlasting promises of God and lean on His unfailing love. It is so comforting to me to know in my mind and heart that He is good and He is in control. I truly have nothing to fear nor dread. Christ is sufficient.
Now as 2011 begins I have much to plan and set goals for. I get excited with anticipation of what 2011 will bring because I can look back and see the goodness of God in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006....and on through history.

I eagerly anticipate this coming week as I take time to reflect on 2010 and renew goals for 2011. It's my prayer the Lord would be glorified as I enter this year with an even greater understanding of gospel-centered living, in community, on mission, with the good news of Jesus Christ.
May the Lord bless you as you reflect and renew goals for 2011 to live on mission in your community with the gospel.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So fun to see pics of the baby and your belly! It's so strange- it's like reading my own story- from what you are craving, to the kicking and the previous miscarriage.