May 2, 2011

Big Sister is Ready 5.2.11




Niyah is ready to meet her little brother. She often pats my belly and says "baby! Out! Up! Shhhh." Which translates, "Baby brother is coming out soon and I will pick him up and we need to be quiet when he sleeps!"
I think she will be a great little second-mother for him. Here are a couple reasons why I think so...
She has a sweet care for her dollies. She feeds them, takes them for walks, changes their "uckies" and gives them baths. She also loves to let me know when she sees other babies in town as we are out and about pointing at them and proclaiming "Baby!" (even when they are older than she is :). We have the car seat for brother in the car next to hers and each time we get into the car she points at it and exclaims with a grin, "Baby! Niyah!" = "Baby is next to niyah!"
Now as far as how I am doing at 39 weeks and 5 days; well, I am actually very surprised he is not here. However, as I look back over the past few weeks I am thankful he has not yet arrived. There has been a lot of other events in our schedule as well as emotionally demanding circumstances that have caused me to realize that I would not have been ready to fully engage in labor or welcome this little one quite yet. The Lord is so gracious to know just what is best for this little life and the life of his parents. And He means it best to keep our little guy inside my womb for now. So I will continue to wait in patience and thankfulness to the Lord for His perfect timing for the birth of our little man.

Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 33:10
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

No comments: