Jan 18, 2009

Time Well Spent

Elizabeth Dodds writes in the biography "Marriage to a Difficult Man, The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards," 'Edwards continually watched for ways to squeeze the most out of every minute, as he put it: Resolved never to lose one moment of time, but to improve it in the most profitable way I can.'
Well, I definitely found challenge in this statement. In fact, the Lord has impressed on my heart a new meaning of 'taking captive' every thought and moment for the furtherance of His kingdom. So as I wash dishes, clothes, the floors, and even teeth (at work), I am intentially using the time for prayer or memorization of Scripture. With a new baby on the way, I am encouraged to keep striving after a heart like Christ's so that my son or daughter one day will long for the life-giving portion I have found in Him. Scripture memorization is a discipline I know will change my soul and impact the lives of my family. Drinking in the glories of Scripture and meditating on it in order to 'never lose one moment of time', truly will be time well spent.

No comments: